Dennis Edward RichardsonTri-Central School Board - Liberty Township
Preferred Contact Information
Years as Tipton County Resident?
- High School graduate of Kokomo High School
- Union Representative for UAW 685
- Quality Control - Chrysler Corporation
- Licensed Foster Parent since 2000
- School Bus Driver for 10 yrs for Tri- Central
- I have coached or assisted coached for over 20yrs for various sports and age groups including at the high school level.
- Although most of my coaching has been at Tri-Central, I have also coached in the surrounding communities and for local organizations.
- I have assisted with community fundraisers, school committees and school activities.
- I have support Tri- Central schools and local youth for 30 yrs.
- I served as a Union Representative for local 685.
- I was a Team Leader for Chrysler Corporation.
- I have been the head or assistant coach for multiple sports at Tri-Central and local organizations in the surrounding communities.
- I am currently a Licensed Foster Parent.
- I was the Vice President for TCYBL .
1. What is your number one reason for wanting to serve on the school board?
I have always believed that our children are the future of Tri-Central schools and our community. I believe that education is very important to our children and our future. I have and will continue to be deeply committed to Tri-Central as I have a vested interest in Tri-Central schools as my wife and I currently have two children attending Tri-Central Elementary.
2. What role does policy play/have in the function of the board?
I feel that the role of the school board is to set guidelines, adopt policies, hire qualified administrators and represent Tri-Central schools the best to their ability. The school board's job is to help the school function smoothly, safely, adhere to policy and to manage the budget.
3. What do you think is the biggest issue facing your district?
Tri-Central is facing many challenges such as, teacher shortages, declining enrollment and Covid- 19. Of these issues, Covid- 19 has presented one of the biggest challenges this year. Due to safety concerns for our children, staff and our community. Tri-Central has a commitment to open school safely and responsibly.
4. If you were elected what one thing would you like to accomplish during your term?
If I were to be elected, I would work along side the administration and school board officials to continue to advance our learning for our students and staff. I would be a voice for our students and our community.
5. What legislative action at the state level would you support to improve education in our community.
I would support legislative action that would give the schools more control/ choice in the learning avenues for their students. I believe the current testing models are causing poor performance and are hindering our children's test scores.